Yield: one loaf
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup(125ml) olive oil
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp (155ml) milk (preferably whole milk)
- 1 cup (115g) unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a generous pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (approx. 40g) grated gruyere cheese
- 3-4 large artichoke hearts, cleaned, trimmed and cut into dice (or 5-6 frozen artichoke hearts)
- ½ cup (125ml) sundried tomatoes in olive oil, coarsely chopped
- 1½ tbsp pine nuts
- 5-6 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- sea salt, freshly cracked pepper
Preheat oven at 350F (180C).
Line a 8X11 (20cmX28cm) baking pan with baking parchment.
On low-medium heat, sauté artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes in some olive oil for at least 5 minutes. Add pine nuts and basil, salt and pepper, and sauté for one minute. Keep aside.
In a bowl, sift the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Stir in the cheese and mix well.
In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add olive oil and milk and whisk together.
Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Mix with a fork just enough to combine.
Add the artichokes and sundried tomatoes mixture and stir just enough to blend everything.
Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool completely before serving at room temperature.
Have you tried this recipe? Feel free to share your thoughts or experiences!