Quantities are approximate:
- 2 cups cooked rice (jasmin rice on the picture)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small chili pepper, green or red, finely chopped
- turmeric (approx. ½ tsp)
- fine black pepper
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 egg
- approx. 3 tbsp unbleached flour
- Vegetable oil for cooking
Other suggestions: green peas, fresh chopped parsley, cumin, paprika, curry powder, cayenne pepper... Just go by what you like.
Before you make each croquette, since the rice tends to stick to the hands, make sure you slightly wet your hands.
Cook on medium-high in half an inch of vegetable oil, on both sides, until golden crisp.
Transfer on a paper towel and serve quickly.
Note: the croquettes on the picture were made with tuna. Since we didn't really appreciate the taste, I didn't suggest it in the list of ingredients.
Have you tried this recipe? Feel free to share your thoughts or experiences!