- ½ cup thick plain yogourt
- 1 tbsp good quality paprika
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- A small bunch fresh coriander
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- one lemon, cut into quarters
Put all the marinade ingredients in a blender (except the coriander) and blend until smooth. Taste, add some spices to taste if necessary and blend again.
Chop coriander very finely.
Cut chicken into cubes and put in a bowl or plate (one with a lid). Add marinade and coriander, mix well and marinate at least 4 hours (or overnight) in the fridge.
When ready to cook, thread chicken onto skewers and salt to taste. There are three different ways you can cook your kebabs:
- On the barbecue
- On the stove, in a grill pan
- In the oven, on a grill placed over a drip pan (at about 400F (200C), about 20 minutes)
Serve with lemon quarters.
Source: THE FOOD OF INDIA, a journey for food lovers, Whitecap edition, 2005.
Have you tried this recipe? Feel free to share your thoughts or experiences!