For 450 to 500 grams of short pasta (macaroni, tortoglioni, rotini...)
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, passed through garlic press
- 1 inch (2cm) ginger cube, grated
- hot pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef
- 1 container (225g) mushrooms, white or brown
- thai or asian style frozen vegetable mix
- Vegetable oil
- Tamari sauce (or soy sauce), to taste
- Black pepper
In a large pot, heat water for pasta.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the meat with the onions, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes on medium heat until meat is well cooked.
Add mushrooms and frozen veggies and cook on medium-high until soft. Add tamari (or soy) sauce and pepper, mix well and keep aside.
Cook the pasta al dente, drain, put back in the pot and stir in the meat/veggie mix. Add some more tamari (or soy) sauce to taste and be generous with the black pepper. Serve immediatly.
Have you tried this recipe? Feel free to share your thoughts or experiences!